As the news of AltspaceVR’s shutdown spreads, the Spatial.io family is happy to extend a warm welcome to the entire AltspaceVR community looking for a home for their virtual worlds. We understand that it’s never easy to say goodbye to something that has been such a big part of your life, and we’re here to make the transition as smooth as possible. Spatial.io is a powerful and flexible platform and we’re excited to see how you’ll use it to continually expand your digital reach!
We’re here to support you, and we’ll be with you every step of the way as you migrate should you decide to move your world to Spatial.io. Let’s build something beautiful together and continue the legacy of AltspaceVR in a new and exciting way!
1. Download the Starter Template, which has everything you need to publish from Unity directly to Spatial.
2. Open your AltspaceVR world Unity project and export it as a .Unity package
3. Close your AltspaceVR Unity project, and open the Spatial Starter Template — make sure to open it with Unity 2021.3.8f1
4. Import your UnityPackage (from Step 2) into the Spatial Starter Template — With the starter template project opened, select “Assets/Import Package/Custom Package” and select the file you saved earlier.
5. Set up your scene as a Spatial environment
6. Click Test Current Scene to quickly test your space in your private sandbox space on Spatial.
7. When you’re ready to publish your space, click the Publishing button in the upper right, and follow the steps to publish your space to Spatial.
8. When your space is done publishing (you’ll receive an email notification), head to the “+ Create a Space” window on the web, in the mobile apps, or in VR and open the Packages tab to find your Unity scenes to select from.
9. Once your space is created, it instantly is accessible across web, mobile, and VR!
What devices does Spatial work on?
Where can I hear about the latest updates, releases or features of the Spatial Creator Toolkit?
I need help, or encounter a bug with Spatial — how can I get assistance?
Does Spatial’s Unity SDK support custom scripting?
Are Mixed Reality Extensions (MRE’s) or Custom Kits supported on Spatial?